Friday, July 27, 2012

'Protect Your Nuts' t-shirt using Sharpies


I was ironing my husband t-shirt when I noticed that the print image had faded. He loves his t-shirt so much (I think because of the funny phrase) that we wanted to get another, but we found out that Target didn't carry it any more. So, I got an Aha moment!. I used a black fabric marker to go over the outline and I also added here and there some shadows ;)

Español:
Mientras estaba planchando la camiseta/remera de mi esposito, me di cuenta que la imagen (dibujo) a penas se podia ver. A el le encanta su camiseta un monton (creo porque la frase es graciosa) que quisimos comprar mas pero la tienda Target ya no la tiene mas. Asi es me dije a mi misma Aha! (se me prendio el foquito). Y use un marcador negro de ropa para dibujar sobre el dibujo y agregue algunas que otras sombritas.


Some tips to follow:
- You have to put a cardboard backing behind the print surface to prevent it bleeding through to the back of the shirt.
- For the soft shadows, I used the side of the tip of the marker. It's good to try on another piece of cloth if you are not familiar drawing on fabric.
                            This is a great option to touch up older shirts or even make new ones.

Español:
Algunos consejitos para seguir:
- Tenes que poner un carton o algo duro, como la pasta de un libro viejo abajo de la tela mientras dibujas.    De esta manera, la tinta no traspasara a la parte de la espalda.
- Para obtener sombras suaves, usa el costado de la punta del marcador. Es bueno practicar algunos toquecitos en otra pieza de tela, en caso que no te sea familiar dibujar en tela.
                               Esta es una buena opcion para darle toques a ese dibujo que tanto te encanta o tambien para crear nuevos.

Stained by Sharpie Brush Tip Fabric Markers, 8 Colored Markers (1779005)

This is the markers I used (I got mine from Staples)

Estos son los marcadores que use (Los compre en Staples)


Thank you so much for reading.
hugs!!!
Elsey
Have a beautiful weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment